Home About Us Contact Us
Print Print Friendly

Private Career Schools

The Workforce Board licenses and regulates around 325 private career schools doing business in the state of Washington. The agency also investigates student complaints and administers a fund that reimburses students affected by a school closure.

Information for Students

Looking for a School?
Before you choose a private career school, check to be sure it's licensed with the state. View our current list of licensed schools.

Complaints Against a School

Request a Transcript

Is Your School Closed?

Commercial Truck Driving Schools

Information for School Administrators

Contact our Consumer Protection Unit for more information, 360-709-4625.


Veterans Programs
The Workforce Board approves programs offered at public and private educational institutions in Washington for veterans and those eligible for GI Bill education benefits.

Only approved programs can receive educational benefits from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. Find out more about how we oversee veterans education programs.

Are you a VA-approved school?
We are partnering with VA-approved schools throughout the state to train on VA Compliance Surveys over the next few months. Learn more about these workshops.

CDL School Waivers for Veterans

Zenith Education Group Purchases Everest Campuses in Washington

Six Everest campuses in Washington have been acquired by Zenith Education Group, a newly created nonprofit provider of career-focused training. The campuses are located in Tacoma, Renton, Vancouver, Bremerton, Everett and Seattle. It's part of a larger deal that involves more than 50 Everest and WyoTech campuses, formerly operated by Corinthian Colleges, Inc. More: U.S. Department of Education website.

Debt relief for current and former students--Find out if you qualify--NEW!

Did you take out a private student loan through Corinthian? The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau offers $480 million in loan forgiveness.

Frequently asked questions about Corinthian/Everest.




Last Modified 5/21/2015   |   Contact Webmaster   |   Privacy Statement   |   Site Map   |   Employment   |   Access Washington   |   Register to Vote