Governor’s Best Practices Awards
for Economic & Workforce Development
This prestigious award is the only one in the country that recognizes achievement in both workforce and economic development. See previous winners
We hope to carry on the awards into the new Governor's administration. We will have further information in early 2013. Meanwhile, we encourage you to collect the data for your program that will help it win this award in the future.
Successful award winners are able to demonstrate how their program or project is contributing to the prosperity of BOTH employers and workers (or training participants). Successful nominations include data demonstrating:
- Participation rates, completion rates and total participation
- Post participation employment
- Participant Earnings
- Employer impact such difficult jobs filled, growth in business, etc.
- Other indicators of program success
- Program costs
- Evidence of program sustainability
Copy of draft nomination form.
Governor's Award Page
Receive the Workforce Development Newsletter!
Department of Commerce
Workforce Training & Education Coordinating Board