The Workforce Training and Education Coordinating Board (Workforce Board) Interagency Committee (IC) is a working group of staff representatives to the Workforce Board members whose purpose is to facilitate and support the coordinating role of the Board. An effective IC should result in informed Board member discussions, a more collaborative approach to meeting our state’s workforce development needs, and identification of new opportunities for coordinated leadership. Specifically, the IC:
- Provides for cross-system collaboration in developing policy issue papers for the Board’s consideration. Example: Strategic plan for workforce development.
- Ensures that Board members are aware of agenda issues and prepared to participate productively in discussions.
- Identifies emerging issues critical to developing an excellent workforce development system.
- Supports the Board staff in crafting meaningful, relevant and compelling Board meeting agendas.
- Negotiates interagency differences in policy, perspective and priority.
- Communicates within their organizations/systems the goals and activities of the Board in order to ensure broad involvement and support in making progress.