Workforce Board Vision and Mission
Washington’s Workforce Training and Education Coordinating Board (Workforce Board) is an active and effective partnership of labor, business, and government leaders guiding the best workforce development system in the world.
The Workforce Board shapes strategies to create and sustain a high-skill, high-wage economy.
To fulfill this Mission, the Board will:
- Advise the Governor and Legislature on workforce development policy.
- Promote a system of workforce development that responds to the lifelong learning needs of the
current and future workforce.
- Advocate for the nonbaccalaureate training and education needs of workers and employers.
- Facilitate innovations in workforce development policy and practices.
- Ensure system quality and accountability by evaluating results and supporting high standards
and continuous improvement.