Home About Us Contact Us


Learn more about Talent and Prosperity for All

Print Print Friendly

Does Your School Need to be Licensed?

First steps

Determining if your vocational training program is required to be licensed.
If you are a provider offering a vocational education training program to the general public with a program length of more than three days, and charging tuition, you may need to obtain a "Private Vocational School License" to comply with the State's Private Vocational School Act. You'll want to take the “self-test” and send it to us, anthony.collins@wtb.wa.gov, to determine your requirements. If you have more specific questions please contact our Consumer Protection Unit for more information, 360-709-4600.

What's next

Once program staff determine you need to apply as a private vocational school, you'll be emailed webinar logon information and sample materials. You can find additional orientation information here.


Back to main private career schools page

Opening a school in Oregon?
Get info on state requirements.

Link to other state contacts.





Last Modified 11/15/2019   |   Privacy Statement   |   Site Map   |   Employment   |   Access Washington   |   Register to Vote